Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and waking up to blend some nutritious and delicious breakfast smoothie recipes is an awesome meal option that will make your day.
By now we all know research suggests that having breakfast is good for our overall health. It helps control our weight, improve concentration and performance at work or at school, and jump-start our metabolism. But at times, our busy schedules don’t allow for elaborate cooking first thing in the morning. This is why having some great breakfast smoothie recipes handy can make the difference between a frazzled, rushed morning and a calm, efficient, and delicious start of the day. Not only there is no need for cooking, but it is also a meal in a cup that is easy to take with you when you’re running a little late.
29 Scrumptious Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
The great thing about smoothies as breakfast is their versatility. You can add fresh fruit or vegetables, make it low-calorie or indulgent, high protein or fiber-rich, dense or light, sweet or tangy, you name it. All you need is a blender or a food processor, and some inspiration as you begin your day.
The best breakfast smoothie recipe ideas will all have one thing in common, and that is a good balance of ingredients. All smoothies need a liquid base. This can be water, plain or flavored milk, yogurt, cream, fruit juice, or even a non-dairy alternative such as soy, nut or coconut milk. You will also need ice, or some frozen fruit or juice. Adding a fresh ingredient such as fruits or vegetables is an awesome way of helping you hit your five a day healthy requirement as you start your day, but you can always blend in protein powder or powdered vitamins, as well as any other delicious and wonderful additions such as peanut butter, coffee, tea, chocolate, caramel, granola or oatmeal.
There is a bit of an art to blending breakfast smoothies, but it is an easy one to master. All you need is to follow your smoothie recipes closely regarding the ingredients’ amounts, but also their order. Adding the liquids first will ensure that all the other ingredients will reach your blender’s blades in order to mix together smoothly. Watch the speed of your blender, and remember that starting at a low speed might be best in order to gradually achieve the level of thickness you prefer.
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake
2. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
3. Chocolate Chip Mocha Breakfast Smoothie
4. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
5. Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Shake
6. (Skinny) Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie
7. Strawberry Spinach Green Smoothie
8. Fresh-baked Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
9. Chunky Monkey Protein Shake (Vegan)
10. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
11. Strawberry Coconut Protein Smoothie
12. Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
13. Brownie Batter Protein Smoothie
14. Peach Green Tea Smoothie
15. Cafe Mocha Protein Shake
16. Berry Oat Breakfast Smoothie
17. Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
18. Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie
19. Banana Bread Smoothie
20. Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
21. Raspberry Banana Smoothie
22. Banana Mango Smoothie
23. Coffee Smoothie
24. Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothies
25. Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie
26. Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
27. Thick And Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Shake
28. Strawberry Mango Breakfast Smoothie
29. Carrot Cake Smoothie
Ready to Make your Favorite Smoothie?
Whatever your tastes and preferences might be, or what mood you are in as you begin your day, there is a breakfast smoothie recipe for you. That’s the beauty of having smoothies first thing in the morning. They can be healthy or indulgent, simple or sophisticated, energizing or comforting. A wonderful smoothie recipe for breakfast is a delightful way to begin your day, every day. Enjoy!