If you are a smoothie enthusiast, you will really enjoy these smoothie bowl recipes. They are tasty, packed with nutrients, and quite filling. Smoothie bowls are a great alternative to cold cereal for breakfast, and a healthy dessert option. They can also be savory for a healthy lunch or a post workout recharger. The 35 recipes described here are sure to grab your attention.
35 Decadent and Delicious Smoothie Bowl Recipes
Just to be clear, a smoothie bowl is exactly what it sounds like. It is a smoothie base in a bowl that you eat with a spoon instead of drinking it. The advantage to eating your smoothie with a spoon is that you can add all kinds of healthy toppings to give it more texture. This adds a new dimension to the typical creamy smoothie sucked through a straw.
Fruit Based Recipes
There are endless opportunities for making naturally sweet fruit smoothie bowls. You can blend any fresh or frozen fruits. Berries are full of antioxidants needed to fight damaging free radicals that cause disease and premature aging. The Berry Acai Bowl recipe is a perfect example. Fleshy fruits, like bananas, offer a pudding like texture when blended. Using frozen bananas will have a similar feel to ice cream. You may not even need to add a sweetener to a fruit smoothie bowl. Try blending your fruit with water, yogurt, or nut milk.
A green smoothie bowl can be made with most dark leafy greens, cucumbers, celery, avocados, or matcha. Greens have ample amounts of fiber, calcium, and vitamins for keeping your digestive system working optimally and your bones healthy. Avocados are an important source of high quality monounsaturated fatty acids needed for cardiovascular health. The Energizing Green Smoothie Bowl recipe is a nutrition powerhouse. Coconut water or coconut milk make good additions to a blended green smoothie base.
Alternatives to Fruit or Vegetable Bases
Your smoothie bowl base does not have to be all about fruits and veggies. You can just as easily make a base with whipped yogurt or creamy chocolate and lots of toppings. The decadent Super Creamy Chocoholic Smoothie Bowl recipe has a chocolate base with bananas and berries on top.
Nutritious Additions and Toppings
To incorporate some protein into your base, try adding pea or whey powder, hemp or chia seeds, or nut butters. You can also add protein rich nuts and seeds as crunchy elements on top. Other nutritious and textural toppings include cacao nibs, shredded coconut, fresh cut fruit, dried fruits, granola, avocado slices, and sprouts.
1. Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
2. Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl
3. Mermaid Smoothie Bowl
4. Rainbow Green Smoothie Bowls
5. Red Berry Vanilla Almond Smoothie Bowl
6. Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
7. Raspberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
8. Morning Mango Smoothie Bowl
9. The Best Green Smoothie Bowl
10. Grapefruit Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
11. Green Smoothie Bowl
12. Berry Almond Smoothie Bowl
13. Super Creamy Chocoholic Smoothie Bowl
14. Pretty Pink For A Breakfast
15. Dark Chocolate And Toasted Coconut Smoothie Bowl
16. Caramel Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl
17. Maple Chai Smoothie Bowl (Vegan & Gluten-free)
18. Raspberry White Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
19. Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie Bowl
20. Peach Pie Smoothie Bowl
21. Pineapple Mango Smoothie Bowl
22. 4 Ingredient Berry Vegan Smoothie Bowl
23. Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl
24. Rainbow Green Smoothie Bowls
25. Vanilla Latte Smoothie Bowl
26. Vegan Chunky Monkey Smoothie Bowl
27. Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
28. Lemon Cream Pie Smoothie Bowl
29. Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
30. Berry Acai Bowl
31. Berry-licious Smoothie Bowl
32. The Best Green Smoothie Bowl
33. Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
34. Vegan Berry Crunch Smoothie Bowl
35. Blue Lagoon Smoothie
A smoothie bowl is a great way to bring variety and texture to classic smoothie recipes. The recipes here are loaded with nutritious superfoods and bold flavor combinations. You will be getting your daily fiber, vitamin, and mineral requirements all in one dish. These smoothie bowl recipes will satiate you and give you the energy needed to go about your day. And, they are easy to make. All you need is the ingredients, a cutting board and knife (for some recipes), and a full or personal sized blender. You can plan ahead by cutting up and freezing fresh fruits for some of the recipes.